Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Bratzeli cookies from Switzerland



My friend Bernadette is from Switzerland she made us these cookies for Christmas .My family comes from a small town in Switzerland and they joined the church and came with the Daniel D McAurthur hand cart Co. I love to visit with Bernadette and learn more about the Swiss people and the things they do at Christmas time.I would like to make these cookies but you have to have a special Bratzeli iron you put the dough in and it makes four at a time. The cookies are very thin and break very easy. At Swiss days they sell a lot of these special cookies!!

5 comments:

The Incredible Bulks said...

Oh I love to go to Swiss Days with my Mom, Grandma, and Aunts. I have had those cookies before. They are really good too!

Sarah said...

Those look yummy! Merry Christmas!

Straight to Your Hart said...

Yummmm...I need some!! Notice need...it sounds better that way. Hmmm where can you find one of those machines?? What a sweet friend you have to bring such a treat.

Steve&Melissa said...

Oh I've had those before, and they are so light and yummy!

Karolynn said...

Mom you are always making friends! I love you!