Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Famous in New York!!



Our friends the Fosters have been on a search for the perfect Philly Cheese-steak.I used to travel with Richard when he worked for Moog Aircraft.They had a plant in New York located in East Aurora.This was a favorite place for me, so close to Niagara Falls and many of the church sites.While there the people at work always were telling him about this place in West Seneca called Schwabl's they are famous for their Beef On Wick.It is a German sandwich with rare roast beef sliced thin on a Kummelweck Roll with fresh horseradish.In English the roll is a Kaiser roll with lots of pretzel salt and caraway seeds.So not only is Buffalo famous for their wings this is the only place you can get this sandwich. Every time we went the lines were out the door but the wait was always worth it.

6 comments:

Steve&Melissa said...

Oh great! Now my husband is going to talk about this sandwich until I take him to New York...thanks! ;)

Karolynn said...

Thanks a lot now I am super hungry!

Kimmy said...

I think a little outing to New York is in order...do you think that we can get that covered by the high priest"s budget for the next party?
YUM!

The Incredible Bulks said...

That is one fierce sandwich!

Kurt said...

That looks great. I think I'm ready for some lunch.

Straight to Your Hart said...

Wow...I'm full, but that looks so delicious right now...gotta go to bed!