Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wonderful Experience at the Missionary Training Center











A amazing experience at the MTC! We learned so much while we were there. I can't remember ever studying so much, we were in classes for 8 hours a day up at 6 am to bed at 10pm and every night a couple of hours reading assignment for the next day.Did we miss TV or home we never had a minute we were so busy.2,500 young missionaries and 77 of us Seniors were going all over the world to teach the gospel to others.In our group of 77 only a few were serving in the US.The rest were going all over the world.Germany,England,Africa,Ukraine Canada,Hungary,Uganda, Greece,Spain, Czech Republic Latvia Baltic,WOW!! and we are Seniors.The couple we are with in the picture Elder and Sister Snowden are going on a Military Relations Mission to Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas,where Richard went to Tech school.They are the most wonderful couple and became dear friends. We hope to visit them!One of the couples Elder and Sister Chambers are going to China for him to serve as the Branch President. He saw my family history chart and saw my name was Dahl and asked if I knew Ted Dahl I said he is my cousin. He had served as a counselor to Ted while living in Peoria, Illinois.As you can see we were with some of the best people in the church.Our teachers were great,my favorite teacher told me the last day I was his favorite student.That made my day.We taught 45 minute lessons to volunteers who were non members. I was a little scared but it went real well.Elder Kemple said he was impressed by my teaching and he did a great job we make a good team.WATCH out Sandy North and South Stakes here we come all fired up from our week at the MTC. We will never be the same again.

12 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love seeing the pictures of you with your name tags on. I'm so glad you posted a picture of you with the map, no MTC experience is complete without that picture! You are going to be great missionaries, we are so excited for you!

Karolynn said...

Awesome photos! I am so glad you are all fired up! You two will be great servants of the Lord. We sang the song Called to serve in relief society today and I totally thought of you and Dad. I am so proud of you both!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing! What a wonderful experience for you both! I sure missed talking to you last week though! :o)

Richard Kemple said...

great time DeAnna done great

Rebecca said...

I'm so proud of you, DeAnna! I know you and Richard have truly been called of God to serve, and you will both be amazing missionaries! I am excited for those you will teach! I know you will bless so many lives! Good luck! We will miss having you around! Eric already does! He keeps asking to go over to Grandma's, and I have to keep telling him you guys are gone! But we will always be here waiting for you!

Teresa said...

Love the update on your MTC experience! You both look great. You'll be great missionaries!

McKoy said...

I'm glad you had such a great time at the MTC. It reminds me of the good old days. Its amazing that many people together all for the same noble purpose. You will be a great missionary because you have such loving ways and boldness at the same time thank you for being a great example to me and your grandchildren. Love John

Kurt said...

That sounds wonderful.

Los Smith said...

Sister kemple, what an awesome time in you life! you look so great with your missionary badge and I know that you will be fantastic missionaries and may the lord bless you and your husband always :)

Anonymous said...

I remember when my kids pointed to their area on "the map"! I knew you would love it. This is your next adventure and you'll be great at it. Enjoy.

The Incredible Bulks said...

I'm so happy for you both that you had a wonderful time at the MTC!

Velma said...

I am so pleased with all the info on this blog...you and Elder Kemple look awesome, and I know you will both be excellent missionaries!!! Love you both and miss you too. Look forward to more posts if possible! Prayers go with you both., Love, Velma